What: 2021 Cheerleading Tryouts.
When: Tryout Clinic: May 19, 2021 4-5:30
Tryout Date: May 20, 2021 4-6:30
Where: KHS Cafeteria. Please come dressed to practice: School appropriate t-shirt, shorts, gym shoes, hair up (bow optional) no jewelry.
Any cheer athlete with a date conflict for tryouts may try out Wednesday, April 28 at 4:00 pm in the KHS cafeteria. Please contact Coach Carter @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be attending the early date.
Team Lists will be posted online Friday, May 21.
There will be an athlete/Parent meeting May 26, 6:00 pm, to go over expectations, expenses, and our summer schedule. (We will be socially distancing in the cafeteria)
While we may not be able to do a traditional tryout, we will have a full tryout consisting of cheers, jumps, tumbling, and dance. Varsity Cheer Athletes are expected to be able to execute skills in all areas: cheers, jumps, tumbling, dance and when allowed, stunting.
KHS Cheer is not a small time commitment, please be sure you are able to invest the time required before taking a spot on the team. Over the summer we will be holding stunting, choreography and cheer practices/camps, along with fundraising events. Once the season starts in full on August 9, 2021 we will be busy with practices, games, performances and tumbling 5 days a week. All practices, games, and competitions are mandatory. When preparing for performances, missing just one person from practice results in the team not being able to fully practice.
2021-2022 Estimated KHS Cheer Expenses
Items Coach will order, you will pay for: (If you own these you do not need to purchase new ones):
- Cheer Camps/Clinics 400.00
- 2 Practice T-Shirts 20.00 (Will be used more than 1 year)
- Winter Jacket/Warm up Pants 120.00 (Will be used more than 1 year)
- Performance Bows 45.00
Items you purchase on your own:
- Tumbling lessons optional (Tumbling skills are required for Varsity)
- We have secured an optional 2 week tumbling camp at Excel, 1.5 hours a day,for Kaneland Cheer athletes (Dates to come) $160.00
- White Cheerleading shoes
- White no show socks
Optional Items you pay coach for:
- Indoor warm-up (To wear with uniform on game days at school)
- Cheer Backpack
- Throughout the year things come up: team dinners, team gifts etc. that have a minor cost (and are optional)
**KHS has a $150.00 athletic fee due in the fall, payable to KHS
We will be offering opportunities to fundraise over the summer to help defray these costs for those interested.
KHS Cheerleading Tryout
First Name:_____________________________ Last Name:__________________________
Cell Phone: _____________________
Kaneland Email: _______________________________________________________
Home Phone: ____________________
Cell Phone: ______________________
Name(s) : ______________________________________________________________
Cheerleaders please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a KHS cheerleader?
- What does it mean to be a KHS Cheerleader?
- What are your cheerleading goals?
- What qualities do you have that would make you a good KHS Cheerleader?